Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Little by Little Introduction

The differences and similarities of my two kids is why I chose them as my topics for my first major writing assignment (MWA). We were to pick something to compare /contrast.
Well I cannot even begin to explain how nervous I was at this first major assignment.
However when our instructor Phebe said the magic words ‘’ WRITE ABOUT SOMETHING YOU KNOW, SOMETHING YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT” I thought, SCORE! Wrong, this did not prove to be as easy as I imagined. After the fifth rough draft having input from peers as well as my instructor I was finally submitting my very first final draft. Throughout this essay I used personal examples and supported each one. I was able to take one idea create a strong thesis that clearly stated my purpose and create supporting details. An example would be from my essay “Applying individualized parenting styles based on each child’s differences enables me to more effectively raise my children.” I then went on to support this thesis by giving detailed information about my kids. Putting all this information together in a way that flows and reads nice was hard; however I was able to accomplish it by writing a more narrative paper. Learning the entire writing process from thinking of the concept to complete and final essay was a great experience. I picked this piece to share with you as my “writers choice” because it is a favorite subject of mine!

No comments: