Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Intro to Breatharianism

Paying money to learn how to lose weight is not a new concept however breatharianism is. In my English 98 class we were assigned to read a story on Breatharianism and after reading this story we were to pick one of three assignments to complete.
I chose to write a brief radio advertisement. While keeping in mind the audience that would be listening knew nothing about this new plan I was really focused on some main questions to myself. Would my word choice be strong enough to persuade someone to sign up? Would I be able to read this far fetched story and translate it into a believable commercial? These questions were tougher than I thought. However word choice made the commercial sound believable. (There is always someone to believe even the strangest of ideas) I was able to analyze the story and chose passages and words that made my commercial seem very strong in content, one that others could believe based on the way it was written. I think I showed a really strong thought process in this assignment.

No comments: