Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Introduction to 2 peas

Two Peas in a Pod is what I titled my last Major Writing Assignment (MWA) which happens to be the first one I chose to share with you. This paper was to be a persuasion essay. I chose School uniforms as the topic. I took the side of pro uniforms. In writing this essay I was able to go from the idea that all schools should have uniforms to really investigating my feelings, researching and documenting my findings in using the skills that we have been learning for the last 10 weeks in English 98. My argument for school uniforms was best summed up by saying “Students eagerly wear uniforms for sports such as football and baseball as well as activities like cheerleading and ROTC and 4-H Why then is there such a reluctance to wear a school uniform”? I Used some new skills we learned on citing our works and making sure to do it properly to avoid plagiarism.
I used strong transition sentences and had a very strong thesis along with a strong argument to back up my thesis. Using creditable facts was crucial to this essay and especially this topic. My conclusion however was my favorite part of writing this essay. Learning to tie everything up at the very end without bringing up any new information and closing the package so to speak was fun. I learned about

No comments: