Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Judging Introduction

Have you ever looked at someone and made a judgment about that person by what you saw? Even though I try hard not to I know I have been guilty of doing just that. In my English class I was assigned to read a short essay titled “Judging by the Cover” by Bonny Gainley. After reading it I had to summarize it using the skills we had been learning in class. I chose to use my summary as my example of my improvement in effective writing. I think I did a good job at summarizing the author’s thoughts and yet not just copy her words. One example would be when Gainley describes how when looking for a job prospective applicants should research what employers have standards that meet there needs apposed to thinking the employer will change there standards to meet each applicants needs.

No comments: